Saturday, October 30, 2010

Violet and Olive

I know: the title to this post reads like a twee children's label.

That connection's not inappropriate, though, for I have gleaned colour inspiration from the considerably upscale children's catalogue Papo d'Anjo.

Children's clothing usually doesn't translate into colours or styles that I would like for myself, but I find the combination of violet and olive irresistible. 



Now: to find a grown-up sized version of this colour palette (that doesn't involve cable-knit cashmere)!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ralph Lauren or benetton

Anonymous said...

LOVE papo d'! Not so crazy about olive and purple but.. whatev'.

Angie Muresan said...

I like the colors and the style, although there's not much originality in either.

Belle de Ville said...

I love the color mix too.
Back in ancient times, when I was in my 20s, I had long red hair...my counter culture way of protesting the blond beach babe look...and I used to wear a lot of lavander and olive. That was a great color mix too.

WendyB said...

I like!

materfamilias said...

I love this combination!