Thursday, July 10, 2008

Anatomy of a Sandal Purchase

I’ve chased these sandals around and around for months.

In March, Bergdorfs was sold out of my size when I was in town. So I tried them on at Nordstrom, and tried to imagine how they’d look with a tan. I couldn’t quite conjure the right image.

In June I ordered them, just before my trip to Canada, but didn’t really have time to inspect them until now. I wore them around the bedroom for a couple of days this week, hemming and hawing, and finally took a road test today.

I’m so glad I did: these Chie Miharas are now my perfect go-to sandal for shorts. They combine just the right amount of polish and casual attitude for my lifestyle, and the gray color is a terrific neutral.

I’m never going to take them off. Except maybe at the beach.

4 comments:

WendyB said...

Nice!

I once successfully stalked a pair of Jil Sander boots from NY to London (years ago, when the exchange rate wasn't so atrocious!)

Imelda Matt - The Despotic Queen of Shoes said...

I see your sharp pick up on yesterdays post! These are smart...very smart!

Elizabeth said...

They are just about the most perfect sandals I've ever seen!

etoilee8 said...

I wanted these in red, but I just couldn't bring myself to smack down the money. Maybe I can find them on sale now. . . but probably not!